Applying the “long term patient, short term impatient” mindset to second language acquisition
View last weeks 10 most used speaking assignments.
Do you love bringing all kinds of content, activities, questions, and quizzes together using Formative assessments? We do too! That’s why Speakable is excited to offer an embed function that allows teachers to embed their Speakable assignments inside of Formative...
Looking for ideas to get students stay in contact with target language? Here’s a list of 10 top activities to do outside the classroom!
Syncing Assignment Grades to Google Classroom
Get started syncing your assignment grades to Google Classroom so you can spend more time helping your students learn to communicate in their new language and less time transferring grades from website to website.
- Syncing grades is the most streamlined way to use Speakable. No need to transfer grades.
- The process is extremely easy to set up.
Before we dive in…
Need to knows
- This is a Teacher Pro feature. Check out our product page to learn more about the features included in Teacher Pro.
- In order to sync grades, the section MUST be imported from Google Classroom.
- All users MUST be logged in via Google sign in.
How it works
Step 1: Find a set (Speakable) that you want to assign to your students. Click the assign button.
Step 2: Select a class, unit, then configure it.
Step 3: Before clicking “Assign”, make sure the “Sync to Google Classroom” box is checked.
Step 4: Click “Assign”. The assignment will appear in Google Classroom with the points and due date (if you have one) configured.
Step 5: If the assignment is successfully synced, you will see the Google Classroom icon on the assignment.
Step 6: Students complete the assignment and submit it when they’re done.
Step 7: In a few minutes, the students grades, should appear in the Google Classroom grade book with their corresponding score
- If some scores aren’t appearing in Google Classroom, use the “Sync grades to Google Classroom” button in the assignment dropdown.
- All students need to accept the Google Classroom permissions when they first login
- If the assignment is synced to Google Classroom and they have not accepted the permissions, they will be prompted to accept them again. If they don’t accept the permissions, use the “Sync grades to Google Classroom” button in the assignment dropdown to send the grades over.
Now that grading is automated, learn how to use the feedback messenger and grade book analytics to support your students when and where they need it most.
What did you think of this post? Were you able to sync your grade books? Let us know in the comments section below!